We continually review and develop our technologies to ensure they meet the industry’s evolving requirements.
We review our systems against customer feedback, in-situ performance, and lessons learned. The information we gather is fed back into our product development process.
- Front End Engineering & Design Studies
- Research and Development
We carry out a full detailed design for every component within each system in- house, overseen by our senior engineers with vast knowledge and experience in the offshore industry.
- Detailed drawings for each component
- General arrangement drawings for each system
- 3D rendered visuals for each system and component
- Determination of input data for verification engineering
Service Life Verification Engineering
To ensure the designed solution will function over its full-service life, Tekmar Energy, together with AgileTek Engineering (part of Tekmar Group), carry out full-service life verification for every project.
- OrcaFlex analysis of the protection system from hang-off to burial point
- Finite Element Analysis stress analysis under Ultimate Limit State loads.
- Fatigue limit state analysis of the protection system and cable/ umbilical within the system over the service life
- Vortex induced vibration susceptibility analysis.
Installation Verification Engineering
Working alongside the nominated installation contractor, Tekmar Energy together with AgileTek Engineering, perform installation verification to ensure the suitability of the system in line with the chosen installation method.
- Over-boarding and pull-in analysis
- Cable lay and burial analysis
- Calculation of loads onto cable/umbilical, protection system and foundation over the full installation process
- Sensitivity studies based on different operating conditions
Extended Verification Engineering
Further to our standard verification engineering, we also have significant experience in further verifying our designs with the following extended engineering :
- Impact and dropped object analysis
- Heat transfer analysis
- Free-hanging cable analysis